• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Where do You feel most at Peace?

doppelganga196

Bluelighter
I think peace is a luxury we should never take for granted. I'm sure some find peace in their religion, others when with family.

For me at least a couple of scenarios come to mind;

* Watching the sunrise.

* Lying in bed at dawn with a head full of opium eating grapes & reading Carlos Castaneda.

* Staring out an airplane window at the Zagros mountains of Iran en route to Dubai.

I'm truly curious as to where others find a pure sense of peace. Please share!

There are only a few places/situations I feel comfortable/at peace

* relaxing on my chair watching Deadliest catch

* Laying in bed with my cat sleeping on me

* being anywhere with a high level of Opiates in my brain

Morning sun is definately a good one. I love to read a book while the sun is rising.

I can also feel very at peace after a gruelling work out routine.

Not too romantic: I feel at peace when laying in bed while still on concerta and some melatonin kicking in. I love that I am able to sleep normally since on those meds.

Sitting in a busy train after a long day with my music on. (emphasis on sitting, so not too busy =D)

At the beach in the early morning, when the sun is up.........oh the beach. Luckily I live 45 minutes from the beach(even if it is a crappy one).

-laying beside a beautiful mountain stream beside my baby
-weightlifting
-hiking on a ridgeline
-climbing a cliff
-surfing a wave
-inside my baby

cool thread

<3

On the rocks watching the sun come up listening to the porpoises, no-one aropund and no sign of anyone. Just the quietness of it all makes me feel completely at peace.
I do get peace knowing my family and friends are all well, however nothing beats complete quiet time for me.

My bed.

Also, not really a where but more of a when - Upon finishing a grueling workout during which I have not injured myself. That makes me feel at peace.

This is a good question that made me realize how rare it is that I feel completely at peace. Some good moments:

-After a great workout
-Walking around the city at the port and people-watching
-Blasting music and cleaning up my apartment
-Good coffee at a cafe with a book and laptop
-Cuddling with past girlfriends

Ah, I need some peace of mind :)

This is a good question that made me realize how rare it is that I feel completely at peace.

Good point!!

I feel at peace mainly when I am alone/with my significant other.

-Laying on the table after Acupuncture needles have been inserted.
-Curled up in bed bundled in my heated blanket/other blankets with no rush to get up.
-Cuddling/intimate times with boyfriend.
-During a nice opiate high when I'm not nauseous, and I don't have to worry about anything/parents.

outside on our deck at home at dusk lounging on a sofa with our pets at my feet sharing joint with my husband while watching the birds feed and the cicadas sing

when i'm being held (either by a lover, a friend or a family member)
the beach
the redwoods

There's this trail that overlooks a river valley not far from my house
It's beautiful, especially in the fall

Im most at peace when im in nature with close people.

But im most content with life when im at a musical performance raging my face off.

Sitting/laying around after a hard run. I took out all my stress on the run and add the endorphin high of physical training with some pot(even a small amount), and you're good.

Lying in bed with the one I love, on a day where we both have no responsibilities while engaged in an interesting conversation. Drugs usually are the last thing on my mind then.

i don't remember :(

too much to do. :!
and this is only gonna get worse. :(

ALL my leisure time/training is for a brief breath and to mentally prepare for the next onslaught, and it never leaves my mind.

I've always found peace in the snow.. there's something comforting about been surrounded by mountains that i enjoy, gives me that sense of wonder and serenity.